Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Going back for Viktor

February 23-February 26:

After waiting three weeks for Viktor to get his passport and police clearance and then book my flight, I was able to return to Kiev to complete his process. Misha brought Viktor to Kiev on the train early Sunday morning and they went to church with Yulia and then back to the Webber’s home while they waited on my flight to arrive. My flight arrived on schedule about 3:00pm Kiev time and I was able to easily get through the passport line and out to the city. I called Karen and they arrived after about five minutes. It was good to see Viktor, Misha and Karen. We walked to the van and headed to the apartment. After we got settled into the apartment, Karen left to go back to the Webber’s and Viktor, Misha and I went to get some pizza before Misha had to take the Metro to the train station. Viktor and I then went back to the apartment for some much needed rest.

Everything went well in Kiev with medicals and the Embassy. Around 2:30pm on Tuesday, we were able to obtain Viktor’s Visa! We then went back to the Emmanuel office and checked email and updated this blog.

No comments: